The registered office of Greenwich & Lewisham Young People’s Theatre is: The Tramshed, 51-53 Woolwich New Road, Woolwich, SE18 6ES
Greenwich & Lewisham Young People’s Theatre is a Limited Company Registered in England No. 1029063.
Charity registration no. 1026883.
VAT no 858956551
Greenwich & Lewisham Young People’s Theatre (GLYPT) has been creating high-quality theatre for and with young people for over 40 years!
We make relevant, inclusive and challenging theatre for, with and by young people aged
2-25. We use the power of the arts to enrich the lives of young people and audiences and seek to enable, empower and challenge participants through delivering work of artistic excellence. We do this by:
- Producing professional theatre and arts for touring to schools and other venues
- Offering theatre and arts opportunities in the form of after school groups and weekend and holiday activities
- Delivering drama and arts projects in schools
- Delivering artistic projects for young people who are at risk of exclusion
Read about GLYPT’s history, our current vision & aims, or download our most recent annual report. Download some of our key policies here:
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets for all performances can be purchased on our website at www.glypt.co.uk or, when our venue The Tramshed is open, in person or by calling our box office on 020 8854 1316. Our usual opening hours are 10am – 6pm (Monday to Friday). Hours are extended when workshops/show are on.
- Payment for tickets can be made in person by cash or cheque. Payment for tickets can be made by credit or debit card online or over the phone. Online payments are processed using a secure server operated Advanced Ticketing and are authorised by Verifone.
- Greenwich & Lewisham Young People’s Theatre take responsibility for online transactions.
- Bookings made online will be confirmed by email.
- You will be provided with a booking reference.
- If you are under 18 years old you may purchase tickets only with the involvement and permission of your parent or guardian.
Patrons with Disabilities or Access Requirements
- Patrons with access requirements are requested to book tickets by calling our Box Office on 020 7709 8900 or by making a booking in person, as access requirements cannot be specified when making a booking online.
- We are able to offer one free ticket to an accompanying carer of disabled patrons.
Exchanges and Refunds
- Tickets cannot be refunded unless a performance is cancelled and any exchange of tickets would be subject to availability and incur a £2 admin fee.
- Reselling your ticket for profit or commercial gain makes it void.
- Some of our shows have an age recommendation, but these are guidelines only.
- We ask you to consider whether you think a show would be suitable for your children.
- We reserve the right to cancel, abandon or alter the advertised details for a performance due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) terrorist attack, fire, flood, natural disaster, epidemics, impossibility of the use of means of public transport, or the threat of any of these things.
Attending a performance or event
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the performance begins. On showing your tickets to our box office you will be issued a hand stamp or a stamp on a piece of paper if preferred.
- All adults and children over 12 months need to have a valid ticket. Babies under 12 months are free, unless the show is specifically for their age.
- No children will be admitted unless they are supervised appropriately.
- We can accommodate pushchairs or buggies in the foyer during the performance, if you need to take them in to the auditorium please inform us on arrival.
- We cannot guarantee that latecomers will be admitted.
- We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal property whilst at the venue.
- We welcome babies, but if they cry we ask that you take them out of the auditorium.
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects (including smoking on stage), loud bangs and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. Please contact the Box Office if you are concerned about the inclusion of any of these in a performance.
- The Tramshed is a public building and so smoking is not allowed at any time.
- The use of cameras, videos or any other sort of audio or visual recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Mobile phones, pagers and digital watches must be turned off at all times in the auditorium.
- Ticket-holders consent to their being filmed and photographed for publicity and broadcast purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances, or to request any ticket holder to leave the theatre and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
- You must comply with the instructions and directions given by theatre staff.
- We would like to keep you informed of future GLYPT events and, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, we will ask your consent to do this. If you wish to be removed from our marketing list, you may contact us at any time.
- In order to process your booking, our Box Office will ask for and store your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- We will not pass on your details to third parties without your consent.
- You can check the information we hold about you by contacting us and, if you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct them accordingly.