About the company
Greenwich & Lewisham Young People’s Theatre (GLYPT) has an established reputation, built over 43 years, as a leading creator of accessible and innovative participatory and performance work for young people.
GLYPT runs an extensive participatory programme including 18 weekly workshops in drama, dance and radio, for ages 2-25. GLYPT also delivers participatory education and outreach projects, and produces professional theatre touring schools and at its venue, The Tramshed in Woolwich.
Front of House /Usher Volunteers
We are looking for people to assist The Tramshed team to run efficient Front of House services for our shows and events.
Example activities of our Usher volunteers are:
- To answer audiences questions i.e. what time do we open the doors, how long is the show, is there an interval, is the bar/café open? Etc.
- To support with the bar/café at busy times (i.e. before the show or during the interval)
· Ensuring the public do not enter the theatre before the doors have been opened.
- To check tickets as audience enter the auditorium.
· To direct people to available seats when required.
- To sit within the theatre during the show and be on hand in case you are required to assist a member of the public.
Please find more information in the in the download section on this page.
To apply to do your placement with GLYPT.
Please fill in this the work placement form in the download section on this page and email it to email@example.com
Recruited on a case by case basis. Generally placements are for two or three days a week and will include a range of roles and experience, which may include administration, workshop facilitation /stage management practice or assistant directing.
We receive a large number of requests for placements. There must be a clear reason why you feel you would benefit from a placement at GLYPT.